What is the life expectancy of NexGen Lawns synthetic grass?
- Our synthetic grass comes with a limited lifetime year warranty, but the actual life expectancy is 20 plus years depending on use.
How much does NexGen Lawns synthetic turf cost?
- Prices range between $2.45 and $4.35 per square foot for the synthetic turf. Freight and/or installation are not included.
Will the sun fade NexGen Lawns synthetic grass?
- No, our fibers have built-in UV Inhibitors that we mix into the fiber/yarn resin. Synthetic turf made overseas will often have insufficient UV protection causing the fibers to break down prematurely.
- In rare instances, we have found that energy-efficient windows may cause magnified reflections that may cause synthetic turf to melt if it is in the direct path of the reflection. The magnification can be so powerful that it could melt sprinkler heads, kiddy pools and other plastics. If you have energy-efficient windows, tinting the windows is usually sufficient but ask the manufacture to be sure.
Will NexGen Lawns synthetic grass be warmer than my natural grass?
- Yes, all synthetic grass is hotter than natural grass; it doesn’t have the natural cooling effect of evaporation like natural grass. A small trade-off for the benefits of no mowing, watering, weeding, chemical applications, mud, easier dog clean up, etc. The only real trade-off is that the surface of synthetic grass will be warmer than natural grass in direct sunlight. We have never had a complaint that our synthetic grass was so hot that it burned a person or pet.
- On really hot and sunny days take these precautions: Try having at least one portion of your lawn a shaded area for instant relief. When the temperature gets hot, having a little relief area until it cools down again will be nice. You can also spray the synthetic grass with water before you walk or play on it on a really hot day. Wearing some type of footwear in the heat of the day is always recommended, like walking on a wood deck or concrete. Staying away from dark-colored infill like rubber, that can attract more heat, will help reduce the surface temperature. Most people find that the little extra heat doesn’t bother them.
Is there any maintenance with NexGen Lawns synthetic grass?
- If you have a high traffic area you can broom the grass fibers to stand them back up if they lay down. Leaves, dust and small branches can easily be removed with a turf rake or leaf blower.
How do you install NexGen Lawns synthetic grass?
- The current grass is removed and a weed block fabric is put down. Next, the base is created by using a blend of crushed rocks 2″ to 4″ deep. After it is raked smoothed and compacted several times the artificial grass is then rolled out onto the surface. Pieces are seamed together, if more than one piece is installed, and staked down to the ground along all the edges. Then the infill material is spread over the top of the synthetic grass and power broomed into the artificial grass. Finally rinsed off with water to clean off any dust that may be left.
How does water drain from NexGen Lawns synthetic grass?
- NexGen Lawns synthetic grass has perforated holes in its backing that allow water to drain into the rock base below the artificial grass. It can drain over 400 inches per hour per square yard leaving your lawn dry in as little as 15 minutes after it rains.
What impact does NexGen Lawns synthetic grass have on the environment?
- NexGen Lawns synthetic grass is environmentally friendly. It eliminates the need for water and harmful chemicals such as fertilizers, pesticides, weed kill, etc. that work their way into the soil. NexGen Lawns synthetic grass is also recyclable.
Is NexGen Lawns synthetic grass similar to indoor/outdoor carpet?
- No, our synthetic grass is made to resemble natural grass. It not only looks real, it feels real!
What happens when dogs go to the bathroom on NexGen Lawns synthetic grass?
- Dog urine flushes through the synthetic turf’s drainage holes and then through the drainage system when it is hosed off or when it rains. The solid waste is cleaned up the same way as natural grass. Your pet’s urine or waste will not stain NexGen Lawns synthetic grass.
What if my dog tries to dig through NexGen Lawns synthetic grass?
- We cannot guarantee that a dog won’t peel back the edges of the synthetic turf, it is extremely rare. We recommend putting extra border stakes around the perimeter of the dog run to discourage dogs from digging. Another option is installing a sub-surface plastic wood border around the perimeter of the area that you can affix the synthetic grass to. NexGen Lawns synthetic grass has been installed in thousands of residential and commercial dog runs and is extremely durable and almost impossible to rip or tear due to our 3-layer backing system.
How do I choose the right type of NexGen Lawns Synthetic Grass?
- We have one of the largest selections of synthetic grass in the industry. A NexGen Lawns representative can help you choose the right type of synthetic grass for you. Call or email us today and we will gladly assist you in making the correct decision for your synthetic turf project.